We seek volunteers who are willing to share their talents with our dedicated staff, working Board of Directors, and Gallery Committee to help PVA better serve the community. We welcome volunteers of many interests and backgrounds to learn and interact with artists, educators, and other volunteers in a fun, informal, and educational environment. Prospective volunteers should be interested in art and enjoy interacting with the public. PVA volunteers are the backbone of our programming. All volunteers are a welcome to assist us in accomplishing our programming, which enables us to fulfill our mission of “bringing the community together through the arts.”
Fill out our Volunteer Google Form for our download the application here: Volunteer Form
Ongoing volunteer jobs fall into several categories including but not limited to:
- Board Membership: responsibilities include fund raising and governance. Commitment is 1-3 years
- Gallery Committee: responsibilities include the organization’s artistic mission and exhibit production. This committee meets monthly. Commitment is for 2 years
- Mailing: labels and prepares announcements and letters for bulk mail
- Clerical: office support for staff. This may involve a variety of duties including archiving shows, maintaining files, and updating social media.
- Exhibit: assists with a variety of aspects of exhibit production including
- Curator: the gallery committee selects curators who have submitted exhibit proposals. Commitment is for one year.
- Hanging: Preparing/painting walls in between shows and hanging artwork
- Receptions: greeters and social media content
- Docents: give or assist with group gallery tours
For more information or questions regarding volunteering with PVA, contact our Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org