Vote! Your Voice is Your
¡Vote!: Su Voto es Su Voz
January 2, 2019
Call for Artists – All Media, Juried Exhibition
Deadline: January 2, 2019
Vote! Your Voice is Your Vote
¡Vote! Su Voto es Su Voz
Exhibit dates: April 3 –May 26, 2019
Reception: Sunday April 7, 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Exhibit Design by: Maria Gitin, Judy Stabile, and Carol Walberg
Cultural & Exhibit Advisor: Ana Ventura-Phares
Juried by: Consuelo Alba and Lucien Kobo
PVA invites your participation in this juried all-media exhibit, which seeks to educate, inspire, and develop greater interest in the democratic process. Artifacts and stories detailing the involvement of Monterey Bay residents in historic and current voting rights struggles will serve as the backdrop for the exhibit.
We ask you to submit your visual interpretations to the question, “What does the right to vote mean to me, my community, and/or my country?” Subject of artwork could include (but is not limited to): current and/or past voter suppression issues; loss/gain of voting rights to under-represented groups; meaning of the youth vote; and issues that you can or should be able to influence through your vote.
As part of the exhibit, we will be creating an historical timeline of voting rights/issues. If you would like to illustrate one of the time-line points (as a separate submittal), please contact Judy Stabile at , and she will provide you the format and details.
You may submit up to four entries of pieces new to PVA for consideration via e-mail to Images of the work you are submitting should be jpgs no larger than 300 dpi and 6” in any direction. Please title the jpgs with your last name and the name of the piece.
The E-mail should include:
- Your name
- Address, City
- Phone number
- If available, your website or social media links to your artwork
- Title, process, dimensions of the work, and any special installation instructions for each piece.
Wednesday, January 2 Final date to submit entry
Week of January 15 Jurors review and select artwork
Week of January 28 Artists notified of acceptance, loan forms provided
Monday, February 11 Loan forms and artist’s statements due
Wednesday, March 13 Deliver artwork
Wednesday, April 3 Exhibit opens
Sunday, April 7, 2-4 pm Opening reception
Sunday, May 26, 4-6 pm Exhibit closes – Pick up artwork
- Delivery: Artists, or their representatives, are responsible for delivery of work to the gallery. We are unable to accept artwork through the mail for this exhibit.
- Participation Fee: Upon acceptance/selection into the exhibit, there is a $30.00 participation fee for each artist, to be paid with the submittal of the loan agreement. The participation fee helps offset exhibit expenses. Some participation sponsorships may be available.
- Commissions: If you are a member of PVA the commission to the gallery is 30%, for non-members it is 45%. You must be a member in good standing through May 26, 2019 to receive the lower commission rate.
- Insurance: Each piece is insured to a maximum of $2500. Please contact us if your piece is of a higher value.
- Hanging: 2-dimensional pieces must be professionally presented with the back wired and ready to hang on the PVA hanging system. Please contact us if you need further instruction or assistance with this.
If you have any questions, please contact Judy Stabile at
Download pdf here: Call for Artists Vote!